The Counter Sales Representative handles all sales functions in a professional manner for counter customers.
- Be welcoming and helpful to walk-in customers
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers
- Answer customer calls politely and professionally
- Create sales orders
- Process cash payments
- Keep the showroom and counter areas and merchandise organized and appealing
- Assist customers in finding the product(s) that will meet their needs
- Process transfers
- Perform cycle counts for all item categories
- Receive material in ERP system
- Enter material orders per the direction of the Branch Manager
- Help resolve customer complaints
- Keep abreast of product information
- Backup Inside Sales Representatives when needed
- Any additional tasks assigned by the Branch Manager
- Detail oriented
- Customer Service
- Written and verbal communication
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The employee in this position is paid hourly, and is expected to work the hours necessary to manage the production operations of the organization.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to be on feet all day, indoors and outdoors
- Ability to carry/lift up to 50 pounds on occasion